Hello! And welcome to 2019! We’re kicking off the new year with an angle toward health. Yes, I’m sure everyone is considering some “wellness goals” right now, but personally I decided to do this, get in shape and stop with the cookies, to feel like my best self by spring. 🤗 It’s hard, I won’t deny it, but I am fiercely determined.
And with that, here are this week’s set of articles... with a mildly healthy tilt. 😏
1. I’ve never been a fan of the word cleanse. Ever. And it’s been noted that people shouldn’t really do drastic diets to begin the year since your body does a lot of the “cleansing” for you already! Meaning, let’s skip the detox this and cleanse out that. Surprise. Check out this piece that explains how your body already does a lot of work for you; your job is to fill it with the best fuel for it to perform at its peak.
2. We have pretty much switched over to all-glass containers for at-work lunches, but what about eliminating all plastic from our daily lives? Think you could go a week without using any single-use plastic? Check out this piece to see how the Food52 staff fared on this environmentally-friendly adventure. I’ll be making more changes, for sure.
3. OK, I’ll admit it. This next one is just a big collection of ideas for cooking chickpeas. But can you blame me? Chickpeas are so versatile and delicious when made into hummus, crisped to perfection, or sprinkled as a garnish over an otherwise not-overly-thrilling salad.
Here’s a terrific list of ways to cook with chickpeas right now, on weeknights, to increase your protein intake and enjoy this little legume. For the record: we always keep chickpeas in the cabinet for an impromptu meatless meal... that’s still delicious. ;)
4. Did you know that Top Chef entered its 16th season?! Where has time gone? Anyway, this time around they are in Kentucky and I think I’ll tune in for the excitement. Or rather, catch up on it. They’re already on episode five. I spent all of the holidays watching baking shows, so let’s get back to cooking, shall we? Catch up with this current season via the link below.
5. It’s horoscope time! I may not always believe my horoscope, but I do check in on it fairly often. I’m a Leo, by the way. This piece is all about your 2019 food horoscope based on upcoming food trends. Nice! Mine has to do with celebrations and “leaf consumption,” which means I’ll be eating all of the greens. Check yours out and let me know what you think!
1. Pantone’s 2019 Color of the Year is Living Coral. Have you heard? Millennial Pink is out. So despite many folks reducing their alcohol intake this month (“dry January”), that’s totally OK, you can still peruse these cocktails that feature Pantone’s choice of hue. They’re all too pretty! Save the link for February. ;)
1. This cookbook is very enticing. We’ve made a different dinner five nights per week for over a year so this concept is of extreme interest to me. Adding it to my cart, now.
2. I have been eyeing this recipe for falafel for a while and soon I know we will need to make it. Leave out the pita, make a falafel bowl, and this dish is entirely gluten free! Hooray!
3. Winter is definitely here and that means I’m always on the lookout for soup! This Chicken Chile Soup looks delicious and perfect for a Sunday night; and it’s naturally gluten free!
Have a great weekend!
Gluten Free Mollie D | Eat, well.
Hi, there! Sign up for the newsletter, here.
Read more Flavor Buffet, here.