Hello, there! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It’s been a whirlwind set of days filled with food, family, baking, cooking, more food, and some shopping, and more baking, so this edition got shifted to the back burner for a bit. Pun intended. ;)
Post-Thanksgiving, we’re tackling all of the pressing issues that arise in the days right after: what to do with leftovers? where are the best deals for holiday shopping? who has the best espresso? Plus, there’s a silly bonus and a handful of recipes!
Don’t forget! The Gluten Free Mollie D Holiday Gift Guide will be available very soon and it will be filled with gift ideas for those who love, appreciate, and enjoy food in every shape and form. :)
1. We’re just-past those Black Friday deals, but I guarantee a lot of those great prices and sales are still going strong. Check out this guide to the best deals on cookware and beyond via the smart folks at Bon Appetit.
2. Sure, there’s a lot of turkey left after Thanksgiving. But what about all of the other goodies in need of devouring? Here’s a set of recipes to help you with all of the leftover potatoes, stuffing, and more…
3. This time of year is busy for a host of reasons, but if you’re in the mood to switch things up and take a weekend for yourself, this handy guide will help!
Organized by who-is-traveling and what you’re in the mood to do, click through to figure out how to spend a weekend doing everything you love to do, which may just be nothing at all. Relax and enjoy!
4. With all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you may find yourself in need of some extra caffeine. But where do you go for it? Starbucks or…Dunkin’?
I don’t have espresso often, but now that Dunkin’ is claiming theirs may be “better than Starbucks,” I may need to do a taste test of my own.
5. Let’s close this out with another gift guide, shall we? Here’s a compilation of the best gifts for chefs, according to chefs!
Maybe we’ll all find some new kitchen gadgets that are worth adding to our wish lists. I noticed a corn grinder (yes, please) on here. ;)
Pie is wonderful. And Pecan Pie is the best. Despite what others may deem as not-the-best, I find pecan pie to be delicious and awesome. And thankfully, I’m not the only one to make this claim. ;)
Recipes I’ve found and bookmarked because they seem great for this time of year. You may want to do the same!
One of my favorites, the mighty corn muffin, is a major comfort food worth enjoying year-round. Especially during the holidays. This recipe sounds like a great version - just make sure to use GF flour!
Perfect for parties or a slightly-elevated Friday night, Pigs in a Blanket, would be a delicious addition to any meal. Holiday-focused or not. 😉 As usual, be sure to use GF pastry dough - try and make it yourself - to enjoy these gluten free.
In need of a quick cocktail to have as guests arrive? Try this Fall Spritz, via Bon Appétit, for all of your upcoming gatherings. It was probably delicious for Thanksgiving, so I bet it would be great through all of those holiday parties, too.
Can’t forget about sweets! Baking season, in all its sugar-coated glory, is in full swing and I can’t hide my excitement. How about these Chocolate-Tahini Linzer cookies? So pretty and festive! Of course, the recipe can easily be made gluten free.